Manufacturer Spotlight: Curt Manufacturing
CURT, a CURT Group brand, the FIRST Name in Towing Products offers a complete line of towing products and is the leading manufacturer of USA-made custom-fit trailer hitches. They offer the broadest selection of custom-fit receiver hitches for nearly every vehicle on the road today.
CURT also offers gooseneck, 5th wheel and weight distribution hitches, as well as electrical components, ball mounts, trailer balls, cargo carriers, bike racks and other towing accessories. For everything from passenger cars and vans to full-size pickups and SUVs
Why Choose Curt Hitches?
- Made-in-USA custom-fit trailer hitch receivers
- Comprehensive, in-house testing capabilities for safety
- ISO / TS 16949 certification for quality manufacturing
- Leading first-to-market track record and order-fill rate
- A full line of towing products, including heavy-duty equipment
At CURT, they continue to set the standard in the industry for manufacturing capabilities, product innovation and safety testing. CURT employs the latest technology with everything from cutting edge design software to advanced robotic welding to unique finishing processes. With these tools and a dedicated team of associates, they are able to lead in first-to-market designs and offer an unmatched order-fill rate.
While CURT specializes in custom hitches and wiring, their product offering goes well beyond the towing basics:
- Custom-Fit Trailer Hitches
- 5th Wheel Hitches
- Gooseneck Hitches
- Towing Electrical
- Towing Accessories
- Weight Distribution
- Trailer Parts & Accessories
- Cargo Management
Like many American stories, CURT comes from humble beginnings. The company started in 1993 as a trailer ball distribution business run out of the back of a car. It wasn't long before they began their own manufacturing, expanding our product lines and bringing on more members to the CURT team.
- 1995: CURT designed and manufactured our first custom-fit receiver hitch, soon to be followed by countless more.
- 1998: CURT introduced a line of custom color hitches in red, white, blue, green, gray and yellow.
- 1999: CURT constructed a 75,000 sq. ft. facility in Eau Claire to serve as our official headquarters.
- 2002: CURT added 5th wheel hitches, bike racks and cargo carriers to our product line.
- 2006: CURT established our eCommerce and video department, bringing sales and marketing to the online world.
- 2008: CURT began manufacturing a variety of electrical products, including converters and T-connectors.
- 2015: CURT achieved ISO / TS 16949 certification, the highest level of quality certification in the automotive industry.
- 2017: CURT officially became part of the CURT Group family of brands, joined by sister brands ARIES, LUVERNE, RETRAC and UWS.
Over the years, CURT has designed, manufactured and shipped countless products. They have gone from one warehouse to 12. They have updated their logo, transformed their look and even changed their slogan, but one thing that will never change is their commitment to customers and the value they place on their associates.
Experts You Can Trust
The experts at USA Trailer Sales carry a huge selection of hitches, trailers and accessories. We are always here to help you negotiate the many options and possible customizations available when buying your trailer. Please contact us with any questions you may have or stop by one of our six Michigan locations to speak with a local trailer expert today.